How to generate a big sprite

Hi guys! in the lesson to generate a sprite sheet we learnt how to generate a sprite sheet of 8x8 using 4 frames but if we need to generate a big sprite sheet to import in unity for example a character with different animations like walk, run, jump, attack which should be the best way to do it?

Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t think there’s such a thing as a “best” way to do it, but I’m not 100% sure about that.

What I usually do is create small sprite sheets each with a single animation for testing purposes, then, if needed, I combine them in a big sprite sheet. To create the small animation sheets I have a base reference of the character that I modified as needed, that way I can keep sizes consistent.

I suppose it also depends on which software you are using, creating big a sprite sheet with small sprite sheets in Pixel is extraordinarily easy, unlike, for example photoshop, which would require you to move a lot of things around increasing the chances of having an issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms