How to Effectively Optimize Game Performance Without Sacrificing Quality?

Hey guys… :wave:

I am working on a small indie game using Unity, and I’ve hit a bit of a roadblock when it comes to optimizing the game’s performance. I’ve been noticing some frame rate drops, especially when multiple objects or effects are on the screen, and I’m trying to figure out the best ways to improve performance without drastically reducing the visual quality of the game.

I have tried a few things like adjusting texture sizes, reducing the number of particles in effects, and tweaking the physics settings, but I still feel like I am missing some key techniques that could make a real difference. I have also heard about using object pooling and occlusion culling, but I’m not entirely sure how to implement those in a way that makes sense for my project.

I also check this: https://community.gamedev.tv/t/game-development-using-test-driven-development-in-unitgenai But I have not found any solution. Could anyone guide me about this? Could anyone recommend specific steps or strategies that have worked for them in similar situations? I’d love to know if there are any common mistakes to avoid as well! I want to make sure I’m balancing performance with keeping the game visually appealing, but I’m not sure where to draw the line sometimes.

Thanks in advance!

Respected community member! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Privacy & Terms