How does the node decorator failure prevent from looping too root? and why does this not work anyway?

Unexplained in the lecture is why having all your selector nodes fail prevent the behavior from looping. I imagine this is just an aesthetic effect, but he does not go into any detail about it, only that the condition evaluated to false. Concurrently, after I set this up, I did not get these red tags on my behavior tree, it kept on showing lopping despite the conditions expecting to of failed.

^ screen of behavior flickering when AI pawn reaches desired location
(seen as solid yellow because only one frame)

Another thing he almost doesnt explain at all is the Observer aborts option. He doesnt abort when checking if there is an enemy set before running the suspicion behavior, but doesnt say why he doesn’t do this. Wierdly enough my AI wasnt working properly until I changed this to not abort like he had it.

Actually I just noticed it wasnt working this way because I was too close to the AI when we would otherwise be waiting. I only noticed this after setting the wait to a higher time when in the upcoming lectue he says he ****** up by not aborting the setting I just noted I was confused over.

Sorry I kept missing this. Did it finally click?

Does the acceptance radius in both the MoveTo task and the decorator match? Looks like the decorator is set to 50.0 when in an earlier lesson the MoveTo is set to 300.0 so it will never be satisfied, the MoveTo has stopped before the decorator could ever get to its cut off.

As far as not checking if the enemy is set in the second selector, you do not have to because if it was set you would not get to that node, it would stop after the first accepted selection.

(just noticed this was asked two years ago… probably moved on at this point.)

Hi,

Due to inactivity the thread will now close in 7 days.
Please either contact a moderator for it to be unlocked or start a new thread.

Thank-you

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms