HOW do you get this to build?!

I downloaded the version of Unity you are using. Unity 2020.2.0f1, I can’t get it to build for android. Kept telling me the SDK was not installed. I definitely installed the SDK and JDK with the install. Went and downloaded the SDK and JDK and Java’s JDK. Pointed the folders towards them and now I’m getting a Gradle build failed. See the Console for details.

Again I am super frustrated. I had already deleted my previous project and started over to get the Unity version you were using because the Input System commands you were using don’t work on newer versions of unity and of course we’re using a deprecated version of Unity where Android building is completely messed up at this point. Oh I forgot to mention that I even downloaded Android Studio and tried to point unity at their SDK and it said it couldn’t find it.

I’m not sure how you’ve been trying to solve this, but if I understand you right, the answer you’re looking for:

Go into Unity Hub.

Click on Installs.

Pick the version you want to use. There are the three vertical “…” in the top right. Click on that and add the modules you are wanting to install, in this case, Android. It’ll install the appropriate stuff in the appropriate place.

Does that make sense?

yes…

Wait… what do you mean you pointed the folders towards them? Unity hub handles all that stuff for you. There’s no pointing involved. Maybe you’ve done some external installing instead of through Unity Hub?

and by the way… they do. You just have to turn them on. There’s a setting where you choose either new, old or both systems.

I worked on this for hours yesterday and I did everything the default way before visiting the Unity forums via googling my problem and trying everything they had to offer and I did both of these things before posting here. Currently I’m uninstalling Unity Hub and my editor versions and doing a fresh install.

Solution edit:
Reinstalled Unity Hub and installed the newest LTS and it let me build and run.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms