How do you get the enemy to stop a little further away?

I want to make the enemy leave just a little more space between it and the player when attacking, can anyone give me some tips on how to do this? I have tried messing with the NavigationAgent settings, but haven’t found anything that works. Thanks!

Your topic has no tags, but it sounds like you’re doing Robo Rampage in Bram’s 3D Godot course. If not, please let us know.

If that’s the case however, probably the easiest way to solve this problem is to give the Enemy some sort of child node and put a larger CollisionShape on that, then check if the Player is colliding with this child node instead of the Enemy as a whole.

The reason it would be a separate CollisionShape on a child node is because it would otherwise affect all of the Enemy’s other collisions. This is all untested mind you, but this is the direction I would go in. Good luck and enjoy the experiment!

Yes, I am referring to Bram’s Godot 3D course, apologies, I thought it would automatically tag the post since I made it from the lesson.

I understand your suggestion, that makes perfect sense and I think that will solve me problem. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms