How Do You Decrease Build Time?

Hi, I was wondering: What part of your computer makes the build time go quicker? Like, is there a physical part (RAM, CPU, GPU, Motherboard) that makes it go faster, or is there a System type (Windows 32 bit, Windows 64 bit, Visual Studio 2015, 2017, UE4 v.17?) that makes the build time quicker? The reason I ask is because Ben’s computer builds the project a LOT faster than mine, and a faster build time means a WAY quicker process! Thank you in advance!

I have noticed this too. I have a new GPU in doesn’t seem to help at all.

My thought is it is CPU / HD tied. SO perhaps a solid state drive or a better processor may do the trick, but even then I am not sure.

I don’t think that it is CPU or HD tied. I have a Samsung 500 GB. SSD and an 8 core AMD CPU, both of which preform amazingly.

It’s combination of Ram, Hard drive and CPU

1 Like

Thanks for the info guys. I also imagine the cut the videos so you dont have to sit there forever for load times as well.

Thanks everyone! One last thing, how do I mark it as solved? I don’t see an edit button for the title anywhere. Thanks.

I’m not sure how to mark as solved, but I’ve found this interesting piece on how to setup Visual Studio so it compiles only your project and not the entire engine everytime! That would help with the compile time!

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Build_Current_VS_Project_With_Single_Key_Press

Thank you!!!

Privacy & Terms