How do I get data live for Unity from a Json file on Firebase?

I’m trying to spawn a number of cars based on the number of beacons and keep track of their position to move the cars. The information is stored on a JSON on Firebase. How do I get Unity to talk to Firebase? How do I do this stuff?

Hi James,

Have you already looked for solutions online, for example, on Youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=unity+firebase

Yeah, this is showing me how to do it from scratch. I need to use the firebase database that my teacher gave us to interact with his sensors and it’s not recognizing them.

From what I understood, this is a school project, and I read that the teacher gave you the database and suggested to use Unity. Since my suggestions obviously did not help you solve your problem(s), the best would be to ask your teacher. He can certainly give you good resources where you can learn what is required to complete this project.

Our forum is mainly for learning with our GameDev.tv courses, so we teaching assistants usually cannot help with problems outside the scope of our courses. If you do not get any answer here, please feel free to ask our helpful community of students for advice over on our Discord chat server. If your problem is more complex, posting it in the Unity forum and/or one of the Unity subreddits (on reddit.com) might also be a good idea.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms