How did you get on with this video?

There were a lot of mistakes and changes in there, did you manage to follow it ok?

Yep, I was able to follow along just fine (with lots of pausing :wink: )

I went the route of adding the OnHit for the actor AProjectile instead of using the collision mesh component hit. I only did this because I got tunnel vision on the fact I was in a actor class. So I got to practice going into the engine code to find the signature for it. It is working although I can see it being a problem if one expects the collision sphere to trigger the hit. I imagine that the particle effect will trigger late as the collision sphere increases in size.

1 Like

It was fairly easy for me. I made two mistakes though:

1. same as @acxsasx :slight_smile:
  2. could not figure out that the impact blast gets activated instantly. I think the way you demonstrated how to debug this problems is just brilliant. So easy to understand what’s going on.

Everything went alright, 'cept for the fact that the bAutoActivate=false did not make a difference. Your method of just deactivating in the blueprint solved the issue though so it ended up working out fine.

Yes!

Pretty well! I even made the collision mesh disappear in OnHit() and Also destroyed the projectile in blueprint using “On System Finished” Blueprint event. HURRAH!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Went well for me. It makes me feel better about myself when I watch you make a mistake and say to myself, “I think he just made a mistake,” and then you come back later and confirm that it was a mistake. It’s almost like I’m starting to catch on. And it makes up for all those other moments when I feel totally confused. :wink:

(Deleted Comment about toolbar icons) - It was the way my web browser was displaying the lecture.

Pretty good on this one. Following on from SamBread and using destroy after OnSystemFinished but I did it in code, rather than Blueprint.

Also made the collision mesh invisible and turned off it’s collision before OnSystemFinished gets called, otherwise you can still run over the invisible projectile.

Privacy & Terms