How did Rob expand his brush?

While erasing unnecessary parts from grid Rob has a bigger brush. How we expand the area our brush covered?

1 Like

That’s actually @Rick_Davidson in the course, not myself, we get confused for each other frequently, this provides huge benefits for myself, less so for Rick :smiley:

With regards to the size of the brush I think you’ll see Rick select the rectangle tool within the Tilemap window at one point in the course;

Additionally, in the Tilemap window, you can also just hold down the left-mouse-button and drag the mouse to the next tile you want, for example, top left corner to bottom right corner, this will capture all of the sprites in that area which are then used for the brush;

It’s a bit hard to see in this image, but the faint light blue line around the outside indicates the range of sprites I have selected. I held the left-mouse-button down on the sprite on the left, and then dragged to the sprite on the right. This defines the size/shape of the brush which you can then apply in your scene.

Bonus tip : Depending which end is selected last determines the direction in which the sprites will be placed in the scene. So, if you select left to right for these three sprites, when you click to place them in the scene the right-hand sprite will be placed where you click, in this case, putting the two sprites to the left of the position you click.

If you make this selection from right-to-left, the reverse happens. This is quite handy to know because otherwise it’s quite easy to go out of the area you had intended and spend a lot of time clearing up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got the thing, thank you :slight_smile: when I select eraser then an empty area from palette it erases that much area

1 Like

Great and you’re welcome, I’m glad you’ve got it working how you want it to :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms