How can I skip

What changes may exist if I skip?

This is not very clear to me…
I am a beginner but I better stay In case our class code changes…

After over a year of assisting students with the RPG course, I’ve found that skipping sections leads to confusion and bugs that are hard to trace. While I’m sure there are some students who have cherry picked their lessons succesfully, my guess is that’s the exception to the rule.

Often, what happens is… somebody gets bored with a section and skips it, then a couple sections later is stuck because they missed Rick or Sam adding a line here or there. Then they end up asking a question on the topic far far away from the error and we play 20 questions finding what they were missing.

1 Like

I think the question was in regards to the tip to skip the section since the entire system is created in the asset pack anyway.

@Steve_Mudge I would recommend to watch but perhaps not do everything to get a feel at least of what is in the system. But otherwise it looks like we are simply creating the asset pack which we got at the beginning of the previous section

1 Like

You’re right, I missed the context of the question.

Here’s a dirty little secret about the two sections… the course first came out with just the second section, but the second section is a bit more advanced, and there was a bit of… feedback… So the first section was put in, to present this as an asset pack. I tend to give similar advice, do the first section, then at least view the second section to get a bit of “how this works”. Plus going through the second section will probably help students who take my soon to be released tutorial on converting the entire system to Json (and far away from BinaryFormatter, which Microsoft has declared “unsafe”).

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms