How can I move folders?

Hi,
I have this problem.
When I try to move a folder that contains Blueprints, one of them cannot be saved. Just can be compiled.
It throws me this error message.

The asset ‘/Game/Developers/Dodolfo/Blueprints/SideScrollerCharacter’ (SideScrollerCharacter.uasset) failed to save.

Cancel: Stop saving all assets and return to the editor.
Retry: Attempt to save the asset again.
Continue: Skip saving this asset only.

Is there any way to change folders location without getting this error. 'Cause when I have to close the editor and open it again, the assets that couldn’t be saved are gone.

1 Like

Is it possible you have the project open in more than one instance of Unreal?

1 Like

Hmm…
I don’t know about what’s means having a project opened in more than one instance.
Sorry for asking. But how could I realize this?
I tried to google it but I couldn’t find anything…

1 Like

To rephrase, do you have it open multiple times?

1 Like

Ah, ok. Now I get it!

I don’t know. The Task Manager shows me that I have two instances opened.

But in the desktop I just have one project opened.

One thing that I noticed is that I can move all blueprints that I need. Except one in particular that contains a lot of data. And I don’t know how to move and save this blueprint without any errors.

The screenshot below is the blueprint that I mean:

1 Like

That’s probably just the Live Coding window.

Are you able to duplicate it? Do you get anything more descriptive in the output log or message log when you attempt to save it?

1 Like

@DanM:
That’s probably just the Live Coding window.

Ok, I could shutdown the Live Coding window via Task Manager. Unfortunately, it still did not the work

@DanM:
Are you able to duplicate it?

The only problem is that the blueprint contains a lot of references like events dispatchers. So the references breaks and I have to fix them one by one. If there is no a workaround, I will do this as last resource, I guess…

@DanM:
Do you get anything more descriptive in the output log or message log when you attempt to save it?

Yes, I got just this warning message in the output log:

EditorErrors: Warning: 
Can't save E:/dropbox/Dropbox/PROJECTOS/StarterFightingGame/Content/Developers/Dodolfo/Blueprints/SideScrollerCharacter.uasset: Graph is linked to external private object K2Node_Tunnel /Game/SideScrollerBP/Blueprints/SideScrollerCharacter.Hitbox Spawning:K2Node_Tunnel_0 (Nodes)
1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t mean to suggest this would fix your issue, just what you’re seeing in Task Manager.

Are you able to go to the nodes it’s talking about?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms