How can i create single vertex in blender 2.8?

any help !

Several methods are in use:

Create a plane (four vertices) or use standard cube
Go into edit mode
Select all vertices
Add merge them At center

1 Like

got it thank you .
so if i want to make a cable wire out of it ! is it possible ?

Yes, but a more appropriate way is to use a Bezier Curve.
In edit mode you got standard two vertices. Select one, and extrude to make it longer or add more loops, curves.

Go out of edit mode, select ‘curve’-tab, from your properties panel. There you can give the bezier curve a body (otherwise is a very thin, invisible line). You do that in properties panel Curve-tab, option Geometry, option Bevel, Depth on number of your choice.

With your single vertice.
In edit mode, select vertice and extrude to build a line shape, etc. But then you got sharp bends.
Out of edit mode, select line. Then top panel Menu Object select Convert to - Curve from mesh/text.
The object is now a CURVE, with sharp corners. now follow same procedure as bezier curve.

Go out of edit mode, select ‘curve’-tab, from your properties panel. There you can give the bezier curve a body (otherwise is a very thin, invisible line). You do that in properties panel Curve-tab, option Geometry, option Bevel, Depth on number of your choice.

Enjoy!

1 Like

But in this process I get too much edges and vertices. Is it good process for low poly modelling.
If i am making a simple scene , where I just need an indication of wire . Is this a good process ?

Or if I don’t convert the bezier curve to a mess
Is it going to render like wire ?

Use bezier. And depending on Render U (Resolution Preview U) and Bevel > Depth, you can fiddle the poly count.

1 Like

I will try this . Thank you :pray: :grin:

A bezier curve is just a line. When you convert it to a mess (curve). You got a bunch of vertices, connected as a line. It has no visible body (thickness).

All depends, on how you will use your object. If used in a game engine, you need to produce a solid mesh (low poly). Still bezier is your best friend. But then you need to convert the end result to a mesh.

Okay if a stuck on something I will ask :metal:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms