How can I change colors?

I would search for another post on this, but I can barely read a lot of the text here, so I will just ask: is there a way to set the colors for this site? A lot of the text is gray or blue on a darker gray background. I can hardly even see it.

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

There are two themes available, light and dark.

Click on your profile icon and then the preferences cog, you can select a different theme under your personal preferences.

Hope this helps.

Hey, thanks for the help! That does address my issue directly. However, here in the “Lounge” section, the background of the posts is transparent, letting the wallpaper show through. As the text is now darker than before in the “Light” theme, it becomes almost completely invisible in the Lounge.

The attached picture shows what I’m seeing. The top part shows what part of the home page at community.gamedev.tv looks like in the “Dark” them. Below that is what it looks like in the “Light” theme. My problem is solved! Until I actually enter the Lounge using the Light them. The bottom of the picture shows a section from your answer. The transparent background lets the very dark wallpaper show through, and the wallpaper doesn’t change in the Light theme.

I’m eager to use these forums, but it’s going to be hard without some more contrast in the text. (I do have some slight vision issues, but I can read nearly all Web pages I come across; this time, it’s a bit of a challenge.)

Stevens

Hi,

I’ve moved your topic to the Platform Issues category and tagged @sampattuzzi who put the GameDev.tv themes together, hopefully he will be able to make a tweak.

Thanks again. Somebody must have done something because I posted my previous reply, verified that it was still hard to read (but that it was visible), and then went downstairs for a cup of tea. A few minutes later, back at my desk, the Lounge background is now a bright white and I can read it easily. Is it somehow possible that some time had to pass for the change in theme to become fully effective (or did someone already make that tweak)?

Looking forward to being a member of this community.

Stevens

I wouldn’t have thought Sam would have made any changes that quickly. Chances are something was cached and got reset.

Can you confirm all is well and I will close this issue.

Welcome to the community btw :slight_smile:

I believe the change was a side-effect of assigning my thread a category. If I go into the Lounge itself again, the problem is still there, but looking at any thread that has a category shows the thread contents with a nice, bright white background.

However, if you look at the “About this Category” thread, which is only assigned to category “LOUNGE,” the problem is still visible.

I have removed the background and I think this should be fixed now.

2 Likes

That’s got it! Brilliant, thank you!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms