Houston - abort the mission

Ok, so I’m not the only one. Phew !

Here’s a link to a video of my disaster with re-rigging ad using the armature modifier.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17zyHILXYNbeBfZcxtrl4Tfjj11jauXs-

That’s a very normal problem when making big changes with your mesh.

Set current pose as rest pose then you may need to play around with some parts of your mesh to realign them. Unparent them from their bones if necessary and then reapply parenting.

After you’ve done that, apply rotation and scale only and reset cuurent pose as rest pose.

Then check that edit mode, object mode and pose mode are all the same with both your bones and mesh.

Perhaps an upload of your blend file would help us help you as we can go in and have a closer look and tell you the problem.

Hope that helps.

Hi Mark,

Sorry, I never realized there was a response. Thanks !!

All of the applying roations, locaitons, etc, is a new idea and concept to me. Years ago, the concept of layers in 2D photoshop type applications was foreign but now it’ second hand. I just have to get used to it.

Maybe after the course, I’ll rotate back thru the course reexamining my knowledge and try to redo some things. If I still have problems, I’ll take you up on your offer.

Thanks again.

Kyle

Yes, I guess we’re all learning. I played around in GIMP and Vegas Pro before I started with Blender, I wish I’d started earlier. I might have a job in graphic design by now :slight_smile:

See you later on in the course

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms