Hooked On Blender Sculpt and Normal Maps

After some dinkering around I’ve managed to come up with a little pipeline involving painting and cycles normal baking to crack off unity assets… This is an in engine play mode screen shot using blender assets I made and post processing in unity… If anyone couldpoint me towards a tutorial on tileable texture s made from baking and painting I would be ohh so gratefullShot%20A

7 Likes

This looks awesome. Nice work!

1 Like

Which section/course are you working through? The latter half of the Game Asset Section (currently Section 9) of the Complete Blender Creator Course covers quite a bit about working with UV Maps, Diffuse Maps, Height Maps, Normal Maps, and Texture painting.

wow, very nice and stylised assets there! Great job!

Making tileable painted textures in blender is quite easy.

Now as for baking these out, I guess after applying this to a mesh object using Texture coordinate and Mapping Nodes, you could bake this out to a new image.

I recently came across this great answer in Stack Exchange Blender. I tried to answer this for someone and another blender user with more experience than me answered with an even better solution. For multiple objects using the same texture but with different dimensions, he explained that in the Texture coordinate node, you can put an empty in the Object Picker box. This way, scaling, rotating and moving the empty will alter the tileable material equally, allowing us to get the best results. Very clever!

Here’s a link to his answer: https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/131869/displacement-stretched/131871#131871

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms