HIGH Poly Chess Set!

It has been quite some time since I last posted, so I am pretty excited to share what I have been working on since my last post. I present to you, my HIGH poly chess set!

All Images are rendered with Cycles

Whole Board View

The View of A King (White Pieces)

The View of A King (Black Pieces)

Standoff

Looking Up

Closeup

Showcase of Pieces:

Black Pieces

White Pieces

Chessboard

Edit: Almost forgot, if anyone is interested in the reference, its these Brass Persian Staunton Chess Pieces, and I can’t seem to find the board I was modeling online anymore, so here are some images of that:

4 Likes

Very nice set. A nice variant set. Particularly like the inlaid board.

Only thing I would altar and that is probably mostly personal, is it is all too reflective. I guess the pieces could be glazed porcelain, but the wood feels too smooth reflective to me.

3 Likes

Really great job!

I agree with NP5, it’s a bit too reflective. But I get it 100%, I overdo roughness a lot as I really like shiny things :smiley:

3 Likes

For me, the king and Queen are look-a-likes. Difficult to say who’s who.
The game-board edges are too sharp. Add bevel to them.
It emphasizes the shininess on places where they should. So the need for high gloss will be less.

Still a very beautiful chess set. Good job!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! I’ll be sure to reduce the reflections on the board, as well as the pieces once I have some time. I do agree that the queen and king are a little too similar towards the top, I have some ideas for how I can address that.

3 Likes

What in the world! this looks fantastic! congratulations! I hope if I keep working I will get better and be able to render like this. really cool!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms