Hiding Collections Not Working? (hiding chess pieces)

I know I’m missing something simple here.

When trying to hide the collection of pawn pieces in the View Layer, I’m unable too.

What am I missing?

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing as i cant replicate there here.

Thanks in advance

Hopefully this helps. As you can see I’ve hidden the collection, but opening the list

you can see that the pieces are still visible there as well as in the scene.

Does this help?

Under the filter there is also a Viewport icon you can set to show(the icon looks like a monitor) maybe it’s enabled there.

I assume you’re talking about this icon and making sure it’s NOT selected. Correct? Because it’s not and the collections still don’t hide.Screenshot-Collections-Not-Hiding(2)

Actually i’m sugesting to YES select it. And then it will appear along side the “eye” icon to each object and then making sure that its not active to the objects you want to hide.

Okay, so I did what you said. Clicked the “eye” icon in the layer set and the pieces still do not disappear.

The board itself will disappear if I click the eye icon on/off.

Any other ideas???

I haven’t done the chess set yet, and I’m still working with Blender 2.79, so my Outliner looks a bit different, but I believe the problem you’re seeing is because you clicked off the White Pieces “group”, but haven’t clicked off the White Pieces themselves within the “group”. IOW, try clicking the eye to the right of the White Pieces listed just below the White Pieces group you already clicked off. That should do the trick.

1 Like

have you got a copy of the .Blend file uploaded anywhere so we can have a gander, just for a look as thats a really strange one.

what version of Blender 2.8 is it? is it the release candidate3? as thats what ive got and i cant suss out a way to replicate.

Click the check box not the eye.
The eye only makes that level of parenting invisible it doesnt turn the children off as well you have to go in and do it or hold SHIFT and left click to hide the parent object and its children.

Give lecture 85 another watch from around 2 minutes and maybe slow it down if you need to :slight_smile:

Ohhhh, holding the SHIFT key will select the children too. Good to know. ~makes a notes~

2 Likes

Here’s my .blend file. I’m still not getting the results you’re mentioning using just the tick box… And yes, I’m on 2.8

Chess-Scenev1.2.blend (946.5 KB)

Think my blender bugged out as now when i try to turn the collections off by the check box it only turns them off in the heirarchy not the viewport.

So if you hold in shift and left click the eye at the parent level it will turn off all of the children as well.

Apologies not sure why mine was being odd.

I can confirm though this works in this file :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms