Hi-Res Model Done

Alrighty he’s ready to go for retopologizing :slight_smile:

8 Likes

That looks great. :+1: I’m yet to go through this course, hopefully, I end up doing something like this too.

4 Likes

Zack, dude! I love the sculpting. Nice soft details.Not overdone. Backing to low-res, should be a breeze!
You have an eye for details. Great project!

6 Likes

Thanks for the comment! :smiley:
Although I am new to Blender, I have been sculpting on and off for years, so it’s taken a while to get better. So if you’re new to it don’t worry if your first sculpt doesn’t look quite how you wanted it :wink:
Grant’s a good teacher too so it should be fun

2 Likes

Thank you! I am interested to see how the process compares to what I used to do in Maya. I never did like retopology much :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Wow! He’s really fantastic, you’ve done a great job! How long have you been using blender? xxx jess

1 Like

He’s a bit good? xxx jess

1 Like

Thank you! It’s been a couple of months now, I did the infamous donut series first :joy: (and a few other small things).

3 Likes

Render 2… Chin, are the vertices doing good there?

There should be no errors occurring while retop.

If mesh fits there properly Baking would be good.

Great detailing.

2 Likes

holy, that’s amazing.
I’m new to sculpting hope one day I can get close to this levels of details
I have a Question, What Youtube Video that has some sculpting resources and thing to get my sculpting into a higher level

3 Likes

It’s all pretty dense, I guess I’ll find out how the baking goes!

5 Likes

Thank you and welcome to the beginning of sculpting! :grin:
I mean this course is a pretty good place to start learning haha :wink:
Other than that I’m not sure about Youtube as there’s so much kind of hit and miss content there. I learned mostly from courses on Digital Tutors, which is now Pluralsight, but that’s a subscription service.

I think what helped me the most was learning a little about anatomy and sculpting the bone structures and so on. Cheers! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, indeed. But, he has experience with Maya.
We can learn from Zach.

4 Likes

I gave up on the donut tutorials - I think Grant Abbitt is a great teacher. you’re very good at blender xxx jess

2 Likes

Great sculpt, I prefer the more ‘real’ skin than Grant’s in the course. He seemed to go overboard with the lumpiness.

3 Likes

Thanks! I think Grant’s was just a little more rock troll than mine :laughing:

1 Like

okay thanks <3

1 Like

this looks like an ork from a game very nice keep it up.

1 Like

Your experience in anatomy does shine through. I like the different added details: The solemn and aged face that looks calm, even for an orc. But also the necklace with the orc face.

2 Likes

Thanks! :grin:

Privacy & Terms