Hi I need help with baking!

when I baking my dragon dont go well whats happen? I try to change the extrusion to 0.05 - 0.2 with the max ray distance, go a little better but not work any Idea plis? I like to finish the course :frowning: I need a hero

1 Like

Are both HP and LP smooth shaded?

Are all normals the right way round?

That is quite a weird effect I have not seen before so are graphics drivers up to date?

1 Like

Yes! I shaded bot I check in again, I check the normals with the face orientation and all the dragon 2 is blue and I buy my gpu the last month soo the drivers are up (I check in and all is okay) another idea? :confused: thanks for answer

1 Like

You have two dragons selected, neither of which is the ‘original’, reading the outliner. Might you have two copies of the LP version and have tried baking from one to the other?

1 Like

hahaha nono the 4k dragon is the “original”, in the outliner the name “dragon original” is the dragon we do before the quad remesh… another idea?

1 Like

Try max ray distance 0 and extrusion 0.02. It appears that your baked dragon is not receiving enough information due to the numbers being too high (meaning that the distance is too far past the high-poly to the low-poly. I say max ray distance 0 because at anytime in the past that I have used this, it seemed to disrupt the performance of the bake. It may be the case that using both extrusion and max ray distance conflict with each other (at least with the bakes I’ve done). Tell me if this makes a difference and if not let me know, I’ll be happy to think of more solutions. :+1:

Also, welcome to the GameDev Community! :tada:

1 Like

thanks! but unfortunately it doesnt work, it not change soo much… maybe with the uv? I dont have more ideas :cry: I waiting for more thanks for the good vibes and I waiting for new ideas

2 Likes

One other issue I noticed. In the picture provided, the image texture node is set to “sRGB” in the “Color-Space” category. This should be set to “Non-color” before the bake. Let me know if there are any differences in the result. :+1:

1 Like

Something simple like have you got ‘non colour’ data in the norms image texture?
edit ugh scroll down before responding. lol 3DE beat me to that one.

Though I do not hold out much hope for that as the map itself being created is the problem.

1 Like

Watching the lecture to look for possible errors, differences.
Material created in both High poly and low poly?
LP image node not connected when baking to it?
Bothe models smooth shaded?
Baking with LP highlighted?
Cycles render engine?
Extrusion/ray distance as 3DE suggests
To display result, non colour data set in image node.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms