Here's my progress but my computer can't keep up! xD

I recently bought a used pc with a ryzen 5 with the built in graphics in hopes I’d have a better experience with blender and yeah, it’s slightly better, but it’s clear I’m going to need a much more powerful system/gpu eventually.

Screenshot 2024-05-03 222809
Forgot to post the statistics.

6 Likes

So bring down the vertices count.
And focus less on the tiny mesh details.
Which could be realized by material setup.

3 Likes

Is there a way of limiting vertex count in multires for a specific number? Would be nice if there was another option for it to allow that.

1 Like

There are several options.

• Using Dyntopo, which increases vert count where you need them
  • Sculpting remesh mode
  • Modifier > Generate > Decimate
  • Manual clean up
2 Likes

Thanks, but doesn’t that nullify the point of using multires? I’m thinking your methods are probably the best for my system, but I’m wondering besides baking a hi-res normalmap onto a lores model, why I should take the multi-res route at all when it comes to sculpting.

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t need to 22M vertices.
Mostly around 3M.

Having a big machine, does not save you from getting out of memory.

3 Likes

Ah ok, yeah, I currently have 20gigs on my machine right now. I’ll play around with different numbers. Thanks very much for the reply!

22M is a lot.

Copy the file, and at the highest level you have apply “apply base”.

Reduce the level until it still looks fine to you. Set the same level in the render field. Then hit delete higher levels. Free’s up some memory. My machine got more responsive.

3 Likes

Thank you very much! That worked out really well! I had to apply to base at level 3 because 4 kept crashing, So I applied it at level 3, went down to level 2 and deleted the higher detail, and now it’s only around 3 million and the computer’s running smoothly again, thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Awesome. Glad it worked.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms