Here's a vid of my Relmrush

Here’s a video of my version of the Realm Rush project.

3 Likes

I love it :heart::+1:

Awesome job creating a video where you explain everything that is happening! I think you should make a YouTube series of your game Dev journey.

Really cool stuff, don’t forget to share a playable version!

An amazing way to learn is to get feedback on your project but also by debugging it, a lot of people rush through the course wanting to learn more because they think they won’t be able to achieve something with their current knowledge, that might be true, but it also forces you to think outside the box and get creative solutions since your knowledge is limited, that enhances your learning experience, you might feel that you’re not moving fast enough, but in reality, someone that shares and takes it’s time to debug and listen to feedback will learn far more than someone who rushes through the course.

Thanks for the comments. I am trying to get through this course, specifically to learn the Unity Engine.
I would like to spend more time on certain sections of the course, but it is very important for me to keep going in order to maintain momentum. I have started and never finished a lot of projects in the past that have fizzled out simply because I lost my mental momentum to propel my projects forward, or something else happened in my life that needed to take priority.
I think Rick’s sage advice about the onion design philosophy is key when your an Indy developer with other time commitments.
I have been programming for a long time. I have mostly been writing desktop apps, so it is relatively easy for me to understand all of the concepts.
Watching the videos is good as it shows you new ways of doing things that you might have not considered in the past.
I might revisit some of the projects in this course once I have finished them to turn them into playable games. There are already a lot of tower defence games around so I would need to find some way of making my version novel in some way or other.

Privacy & Terms