Here is my game so far: Boosted Rooster!

2 Likes

What’s your favorite part about making a game?

Hey,

Going by the description i love the game design idea, u get smaller and the food makes you bigger. the music is very funny as well :slight_smile:

Gameplay wise - it seems a bit unplayable if you ask me (i’ve had some 20+ tries), something’s very off with the jump movement, and the char gets a bit out of place sometimes… u should try to lock down some positions.

Good job though :slight_smile: keep up the good work!

2 Likes

I’m glad you like it and thanks for the feedback!! Much appreciated!

Watching people play my game and (hopefully) enjoy it!

I love this concept!

1. Collecting food also stops your forward movement. I would encourage you to either keep existing movement, or keep a portion of existing movement. When I played, it seemed any amount of forward velocity would be lost when collecting the food, and it made me not want to pick any up. (However, the food isn’t easy to avoid, so it doesn’t feel like I’m really choosing to pick up the food or not)

2. I really like the concept of limited jumps, and getting some of them back with a powerup. Also, I really like how you represented this information passively, using the side of the player’s character. Very well done.

3. I think some kind of VFX when you reach the platform, and a different kind when you hit the wall, would be very helpful

4. The camera on the first level doesn’t show all of the first level. Consider pulling it back some.

5. I think you picked good music for your theme.

Well done! This is a really good concept! You should keep working on it!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!!

The game idea, I really like it, the level design feel good and almost arcady for it. But there’s a lot of things in there that just make it really frustrating, the camera in certain levels make it really hard to see if your close to a wall and then you just hit it, having the collectables that regen you stop you mid air is really frustrating for keeping momentum in a level, and it gets hard to fight momentum sometimes if your going down to fast and end up using up all your life.

1 Like

Thanks for the honest feedback!

Privacy & Terms