Help with texture

Greetings!

I am currently finishing this lecture but I seem to be a little bit stuck.

This is what happens when I try to change the Vector to Texture Generated instead of default.

This happens with all textures. Loading it at first loads fine, and also every single other option works and loads fine but Texture Coordinate Generated doesn’t.

This is how it looks otherwise.

I’m not sure what you want to tell us. But seeing your example, it looks like a UV-Map (image texture), face mapping problem. It looks like some part are spherical mapped.

Show node setup, show Uv-map.

They must be on their default setting as I haven’t touch those at all yet. I was following the course as it is. I think I might have modified the model in such a way it simply doesn’t load properly so I’ll try and re-do it and check.

As I said before, I did the model again and tried again but the result is still the same. I only get a solid color on the board instead of the texture when I do Texture Coordiante on the Vector field.

I looked it up and they say something about nodes and UV wrapping, but considering I am following what is shown in the video and it doesn’t go into it yet, perhaps its something related to the version I am using?

EDIT: Have to add that in Cycles it looks fine, but in Eevee it simply shows as a solid color.

Looks fine to me. I did the same thing as you did, no problems at my machine.
Do you use the latest version of Blender?
Do you have an uv-map? See UV Editing wok space. (Select also EDIT mode and select all vertices)

It worked fine with a simple cube scene but it still didn’t work with the chess board. I switched it to Object instead of Texture Coordinate and it worked fine so I’ll leave it at that.

I don’t think its the latest 2.80 version so that might also be the problem but I’ll check it down the line. Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms