Help, my pins are possessed :/

I have no idea what’s gone wrong here, lol. I set my initial position on frame 1, moved up to frame 10 then moved the ball a little up the lane before unchecking the animation button and setting a keyframe for the physics to take over. I then applied a rigid body the pins. After that I hit the play buttons and then pins start doing some dis-jointed mexican wave thing :smiley:

2 Likes

Well first thing that is clear is the centre of gravity of the second row pins is at the bottom not the centre of mass.

Select pin. Object menu, Set Origin, Origin to centre of mass Volume.

The rear pins may not have a rigid body on them.

3 Likes

Thanks @NP5 that definitely solved the waving issue :slight_smile: I have just one more problem now though. When the ball hits the pins, it kind of curves upwards at the end and ends up bouncing back off the pins. I have no idea what’s causing this though. If you look closely, the balls ends up going through the floor just before it starts to move up :thinking: I have a box collider on the lane and a sphere collider on the ball.

1 Like

It looks like the back wall has a passive rigid body on it. Things seem to be bouncing off it. Might that back wall be part of the same object as the alley floor?
Or a RB got added to it? Try moving it, or temporarily deleting it and test.

2 Likes

Ah you were absolutely spot on. It turned out to a passive rigid body on the back wall. Thanks so much once again for your help @NP5 i really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms