Hello!

Hello from Canada! My name is Norman and I’m excited to be here.

I’m 30 years old and I’ve been coding since about 10 years old, and I currently work as a professional software engineer for about 10 years now. Of course I always wanted to build my own games, but in my local area that’s not really a feasible industry, there are basically no game studios in my area. I hope one day I can change that.

Obviously my background is not in game development (hence why I’m here), but I have a strong programming background and I’m eager meet new people with like minded ambitions.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi Norman,
Welcome to the community.
You’re definitely in the right place for learning. Which course are you starting with?

I have both the blender course and the unreal course which I think I’m going to jump between both at the same time. I’ve started with the blender course up to the point of building a very basic scene with simple solid colour materials, then I paused and started the Unreal courses.

I kinda whizzed through the first few sections of Unreal because I’m already quite familiar with C/C++, but last night I just started the building escape section. Tonight after work I’ll start on the lecture for importing custom meshes and I’m not sure how far the lecture will go, but I’m hoping to be able to export some of the things I built in blender so far and import them into my unreal game.

I foresee myself jumping between the two courses. Of course I don’t want to stay away from one subject too long and forget things. Being able to create my own meshes, models, etc and importing them into the unreal games, I think this would be a good way of adding my own unique touches to the subjects in the Unreal lectures.

Privacy & Terms