Heist Meister 3.1 [Video 42] - Autotiles - No property is shown on the Inspector

I’m having the same issue reported here in another post, concerning video 45 of the old Godot Udemy course (the one that is no longer listed).

I follow the tutorial to the letter right up to the timestamp 3’54’’ - that is, I create the tile set, I export it as the file Tiles.tres, I create the level template, add a TileMap node to it, and load the created tile set through the Tile Set option in the Inspector, with the TileMap node selected.

However, when clicking on the TileSet button and opening the TileSet editor, this is what I see:

As you can see, the Inspector don’t show none of the TileMap options and properties that appear on the video tutorial (name, texture, normal map, texture offset etc.). Specifically, there is no way to “rename tile 0”, as instructed in the tutorial.

How do I handle this? I’m using Godot version 3.3.4.

Nevermind, I think I’ve found the solution.

You have first to click on the image “thumbnail” at the top-left corner of the TileSed editor, and then click on the image itself (at the center of the editor screen). Then the following properties appear in the Inspector:

However, I said I think I’ve found the solution because there are some inconsistences between the list of properties shown in the video and the list I see on the Godot editor. I think this might be because I’m using an updated version of the Editor, while the video was recorded with an older version.

At this point, though, I can’t say if these differences will hinder me from following these videos to the end…

nice one getting a workaround.

its a shame thers no way of selecting a tile that youve already added.

for me, i select the thumbnail then use the arrow buttons to navigate through the tiles as well

there are some slight nuance differences, i did find the tilesets a bit of a mare to edit sometimes, theyre not that intuitive tbh. the tilesets are due for an overhaul from what ive read in the upcomping engine releases, so fingers crossed they get easier to navigate and use.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms