Head Sculpt ready for my second attempt at vertex coloring

Started off with some good reference but diverged down a more stylized path (I’ve been playing a lot of SWTOR and watching Star Wars animateds, what can I say? :rofl:). Now time to add some more color to the skin and get ready for hair!

6 Likes

Even without having watched The Clone Wars and similar shows, I can see the influence. Nice job! :grinning:
The crease under the nostrils does stand out a little. Around the corner of the mouth is good, but it usually either curves up over the nose or maybe smooths out.
Also adding some detail just below the neck makes a surprisingly big difference on a bust. :wink:

2 Likes

Indeed, that whole upper lip area is probably the part that gave me the most fits, gotta keep practicing there. Yeah, the interesting thing I found here is that finding that balance and not “overstylizing” to the point where you push a feature so much that it just looks wonky can be a fine line sometimes and you don’t notice it until it’s too late :rofl:. Ah well, practice, Practice!

1 Like

Very nice sculpt.

1 Like

Thanks! It was an interesting exercise working off of reference and trying to stylize it, e.g. deciding which features to push and which to exaggerate less, etc. Fun way of looking at things.

Privacy & Terms