Head Sculpt - Hudson Leick (first of many I hope)

“I overcame myself, the sufferer; I carried my own ashes to the mountains; I invented a brighter flame for myself.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Well. Finally. It took almost 2 months, but I got over myself and my depression, gathered my strength and finished my artwork.

The main reference was Hudson Leick, my childhood heroine. Yes, she was the villain on the show I first saw her on, but she was so cool. For my rebellious youth, she became a symbol of insubordination and being different.
Of course, it didn’t look like her. Except maybe some facial features, some features from me when I couldn’t find enough references and just twirled in front of the mirror.
My more professional friends gave some valuable advice and corrected the most obvious mistakes - now I will study anatomy and retopology.
I hope I will return someday to my Hudson to do retopology and correct errors.
I collected all the screenshots that I did in one GIF.
GIF
07/05/22 - 08/25/22

5 Likes

Great model, anatomically looking correct.
And yes, it’s hard to keep focused. Comparing your work with other artists. Wondering how they did it … But some artists work for months on a simple project, just to get something in their portfolio. It’s hard work, even if you have knowledge about Blender. More Blender knowledge, the more technical your projects will be.

Practice a lot, find energy in the things you like. Add small improvements to each project. And show your work.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms