HDRI and laptop sleep mode

Whenever I had my laptop in sleep mode, something seems to break in the graphics settings within Blender.
The reflective HDRI in Material Preview becomes black and when I switch into render preview mode, it seems like there’s an infinite light level, fading out most of the rendered image…

When I restart Blender, everything is back to normal again. But I’d rather not as it interrupts my workflow quite a bit and also wouldn’t it reset my undo cache?

So if anyone has an idea how to have Blender reset to sane settings without having to restart, I’d appreciate it.

Blender-Version: 2.93 (as “blender-lts”)
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3050 Ti
System: Lubuntu 20.04
Nvidia driver: 510.54-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
Kernel: Linux ludumix 5.13.0-39-generic #44~20.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Mar 24 16:43:35 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

1 Like

Try adding the texture coordinate and mapping nodes that are missing in the image in the other question.

Material preview, not rendered preview?
Presume you have enabled the scene world and scene lights so they are used not the inbuilt hdri that mode uses?

General Q&A note
Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
Also, include the lecture time and name/number that is relevant to the problem/issue.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left hand side.
On that menu drop down is ‘save screenshot’.
Close ups additionally where they help.

You are confusing me here with the first half of the questions, are they related to the “HDRI goes black and render preview mode goes crazy after I wake up the laptop” issue?

That one is actually not really related to a specific part of the course and happens whenever I leave Blender running during the laptop’s sleep mode…

It’s because of Ubuntu. I have the same experiences.
Something about the Graphics (memory) drivers.
I found this also annoying!

I have a win7 machine, which isn’t supported by Blender 3.x
I’ve used Blender on different Ubuntu (versions), experiencing all kinds of little issues. That’s life without Windows and or Apple support …

I only know that some (I forgot) Blender setup and memory configurations can help.

1 Like

Interesting observation: If I turn on Screen Space Reflections, it almost looks normal again.

This is the bugged view:

And with SSR activated:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms