Having a linker error when I try to build the source code

I am in the section ObstacleAssault, when I try to build the code which only contains the generated MovingPlatform.cpp and MovingPlatform.h I get a linker error

This is the VS code output

1. Building 9 actions with 3 processes…
  2. [1/9] Resource Default.rc2
  3. [2/9] Compile SharedPCH.Engine.ShadowErrors.cpp
  4. [3/9] Compile ObstacleAssualt.init.gen.cpp
  5. [4/9] Compile MovePlatform.gen.cpp
  6. [5/9] Compile MovePlatform.cpp
  7. [6/9] Compile ObstacleAssualt.cpp
  8. [7/9] Link UnrealEditor-ObstacleAssualt.dll
  9. LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file ‘delayimp.lib’
  10. [8/9] Link UnrealEditor-ObstacleAssualt.lib
  11. Creating library E:\00_MyDev\00_Unreal\ObstacleAssualt\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealEditor\Development\ObstacleAssualt\UnrealEditor-ObstacleAssualt.lib and object E:\00_MyDev\00_Unreal\ObstacleAssualt\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealEditor\Development\ObstacleAssualt\UnrealEditor-ObstacleAssualt.exp
  12. The terminal process “C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat ObstacleAssualtEditor Win64 Development E:\00_MyDev\00_Unreal\ObstacleAssualt\ObstacleAssualt.uproject -waitmutex” terminated with exit code: 1.

Link UnrealEditor-ObstacleAssualt.dll

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file ‘delayimp.lib’

I created a project using the learning game kit asset and then created a c++ class. Closed the editor and tried to build the project in visual code

[SOLVED]

Unreal Version: UE5.0.2

Launch the Visual Studio Installer → Click on Modify-> Click on Individual Components → And scroll down until you fine MSVC v143 - VS 2022 C++ x64/x86 build tools(v14.31-17.1)

As shown in the image, after doing this it worked for me, initially, I had done it with ARM build but that was for mobile devices so make sure you select the right one.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms