Haunted house

Been working on a Haunted House, here is what I have so far. The ultimate goal is to go from the outside to the inside mainly first floor

Decided to work on the Dining Room Table as well as the Couch. One thing I did decide to be creative and use some of the chess pieces in the furniture. For the table, you will notice the board being the table top with some pawns as legs and the rook sized out for the center piece. The couch I really had fun with, played around with the cloth simulation a bit. To get the round also with some creative thought made the couch out of the Queen chess piece. Every part is from the queen in some way extruded or stretched.

Couch MKI

Brought in the table and chairs, used a portal on one f the front windows and another area light above the table and chairs . Also, thanks to Blender’s new update in 2.79, used the new denoise filter while rendering. Could not believe the results, will play around with some of the settings, too high and you begin to lose detail and it becomes blurry. Other than that, used the rook for the chair base and another design I made for the back of the chair itself.

09/24/2017-Update from last dining room, added a chandelier, some wallpaper on the back wall and the back dividing wall.

////////////// 9/28/2017 ////////////////////

Changed the chandelier in the dining room, also added some compositing just to see how the lighting was looking over all.

Dining_RoomMKVI

Really began to add in the Foyer, added a table in the corner; wanted to see if I could create a cloth sheet to drape over some furniture. Was happy I was able to figure it out took a bit of playing with the cloth/collision physics and some shaders, but eventually got to: Silk cloth collision on the table and the floor as well as Velvet, transparent, Mix, glossy and diffuse mix for the shaders. Also added new Chan with some compositing again to check lighting.

HH_StairsMKVIII

Took a while to get this part done, but finally finished the suits of armor. made one then instead of a mirror modifier, duplicated the knights themselves. This is just in case I do want to make each on unique in the fiture haven’t decided yet. ther than that also got rid of the end tables at bottom of stairs and made on big table instead for the middle of the foyer. You will also see I added another sheet for the table itself.

Also have been working on the living room, you will see I split the Bishop in half for the ends of the bookcases. Added a rug as well hair particle system to give it kind of a shag look. Working on the color as of right now still a bit light for my taste in this situation. Have a better idea of the shading once I get all of the lighting correct. Other than that moved the end tables from the Foyer to the living room and made the chess piece pawns into lamps the heads of the pawns themselves are the lightbulbs. Still W.I.P need to finish the fireplace and few other Misc objects.

After all of that is said and done should look good. Can’t wait to finally finish. my projection as of now is to finish by Halloween 2-3 weeks to go!

8 Likes

Started the inside, worked on the stairs first figured they would take the longest. Also gave the floor a marble texture, figured out by adding gloss gives a more realistic effect. For the floors Gloss roughness is around 0.250 gives it just enough reflective surface to look like marble. Oak Veneer text for the walls gloss roughness around .8 for this. Also added carpet to the stairs to prevent glare and really make the edges pop.

4 Likes

Alright so, for some reason not letting me edit the post now might have too much in there haha. Finally finished the outside added some landscapes stars in in the background are a noise text using background nodes. Also added the moon in took a bit to get it how I wanted transparent wise but finally was able to achieve. Also added some lights in on the door way, and played around a bit with some PBR for a realistic approach. More to come almost finished!

Alright, so have the final Renders of the Hunted house. Was not able to animate from the outside in due to timing restraints but I feel the still renders are just as good.

The outside, I fixed the lighting a little made the moon look a little more transparent made it look like a painting but I liked it so stuck with it. also added a blackbody to the Lighting to make it more of a relastic porch light as opposed to the bright white. Also turned the lights on on the inside of the HH to show there’s more to it then just the outside. The grass I spread out a bit more and reduced the size.

So, the foyer was fun I wanted to add certain details to really bring out in my mind what a foyer should look like. It’s eally amazing to imagine something like this and then be able to bring it to reality. I added some paintings to the side and back walls. Also added some vases few desk with drawers railings to the second floor. With the Foyer as far as lighting also added a black body(All of the lighting now have black body nodes.) You’ll see there is some dust over everything some parts spread out more, thought just for the heck of it give it a little more detail. With that aid also added cobwebs in random places the knights the chandelier. That does it for the foyer hope you like it.

Dining room, added a painting to the back wall a a table with a cloth it was looking pretty boring back there. Added some cobwebs around the chandelier here as well and some of the chairs/table. Dustt on everything it’s a haunted house stuffs dusty. You’ll also see light coming in from the outside, the foyer and the chandelier. Plus a little three point lighting for camera lighting (that really helped to make the renders pop.) Not much else changed with the dining room. 200 samples for each render at 100%.

Now the last, but certainly not forgotten Living room. This was a lot of fun I knew how I wanted it and I was going to learn whatever I had to to make it happen. So the couch I separated and made into two individual chairs. Took the Dining room table and made it into a coffee table, glass shader is what’s is giving that reflection of the fireplace and the lamp. the book case has the bishops as ends, but also the cross of the king chess piece’s crown. the books were difficult (lighting wise.) , in that the colors weren’t showing in the renders, lighting the shaders a bit and sticking a rim light on them really brought them out. Colors are; Blue, red, Purple, green, gold, and grey. I made each book a different color then joined them all together, boy did that take forever. But, I wanted to do it so I did. Also put a desk with a mirror in the back corner along with a grandfather clock made from a pawn piece actually. Put a creepy portrait above the mantle of the fire place and two vases. Ad that brings us to the Fireplace, this was so much fun baking the fire took forever but I got it how to work perfectly! watched a few other tutorials on smoke simulations and fire , cycles was kick my butt for a while with ndes and the fire not showing up. Fixed that found out if anyone ever wants to make a camp fire or fireplace in cycles, using attributes they ARE case sensitive very important attribute for fire just that fire lower case. What a headache figuring that out. The logs are just cubes with a burnt wood text, and a few spots with an emittion shader emitting orange to gve that char look. And there are some sparks in there as well used particle system emitter gravity 0 and then some shaders to give it the spark from a fire look. The fire place itself the ends are a king chess piece cut in half with no crown and no base. Overall I had a blast working on this took it a little farther then I think but I got hooked. When this started coming alive and not just an image in my head I had to see to the whole thing. And now finally with three months of research and work, The HH for me is complete.

2 Likes

Bro, real nice!

I dig your commitment in adding to your scene, both the exterior and interior. If you really start adding more objects and details to the interior such adding plates, utensils, candle sticks to the dining table or for the hallways adding maybe old desks, night stands, more extravagant chandilers, bookshelves, haunted picture frames etc. The more added detail, the more the scene flushes out :D. Your render image of the knights is also a real nice touch!

You’re really driving this nicely!

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms