Haunted House Layout

This took longer than I thought but I have the first floor layout finally done (minus the staircase). Now to add furniture.

11 Likes

Very nice, differing wallpapers etc.
Furnishing it may be a lot of work as the theme will not really allow too much duplication as with the average dungeon barrels everywhere. However it is a great project. Showing modular construction behind the scenes can be used on bigger ambitions.

2 Likes

Good work!

2 Likes

Well done! I’m really liking how this is turning out, and look forward to seeing it furnished. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks everyone, I can’t wait to add more stuff to the scene even though you’re right and most objects can’t be duplicated. I can’t imagine many things from a bathroom will fit nicely in a dining room lol.

You can make a cabinet without the top, and make two o three different tops (a sink one, a table one, a mirror to put over one, different types of legs or doors), you can make a ottoman and with more long legs and a back you have a chair, with arms an armchair. A dinning room table can be easily transformed to a desk or a dressing table…

Perhaps you can’t reuse a lot of things, but uou can make modular pieces of a lot of furniture if you want.

Good luck! Waiting to see the end result.

2 Likes

I’m working on other GameDev classes atm but this haunted house is becoming my little side project. Heres the couch! The cushions were made with pressure physics and the cloth sculpting tools. It didn’t come out perfect but it was a lot of fun to make.

2 Likes

It’s looking good! I am getting Resident Evil 1 vibes from it!

1 Like

Spooky!

1 Like

Fancy stuff pressure physics not covered in the course.
Something odd with the back UV distortion?

1 Like

I didn’t put seams in it and then UV unwrap it before I applied my modifiers. Because of that mistake I had to use an “object” texture coordinate to apply the texture. The bottom cushion has the seams and unwrapping and I think if I redo the top cushion with UV unwrapping it will look much better, hope that explains it lol

1 Like

That’s great encouragement, I love the art style of RE1. Especially that remake for the Gamecube.

1 Like

hey i just wanna know, should i make a new topic every time for a new project or should i rather just update a topic thats all about the stuff iv done, also do you guys have a discord that i can join

Most start new threads for different work.
If you update something like this, if possible update in the same thread.
There is a GameDev Discord. http://gdev.tv/discord

Privacy & Terms