Hard Crash After refactoring

I keep getting a hard crash after refactoring the code for the Aiming Component. I have looked over the code time and time again, to no avail. Here is what I get when I try to test play. Here is what I get from Unreal

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

UE4Editor_BattleTank!UTankAimingComponent::AimAt() [j:\unreal engine\battletanks\battletank\source\battletank\private\tankaimingcomponent.cpp:40]
UE4Editor_BattleTank!ATank::AimAt() [j:\unreal engine\battletanks\battletank\source\battletank\private\tank.cpp:22]
UE4Editor_BattleTank!ATankPlayerController::AimTowardsCrosshair() [j:\unreal engine\battletanks\battletank\source\battletank\private\tankplayercontroller.cpp:34]
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

I have looked over the lines mentioned and a couple line before and after. I even compared my code to Ben’s. I am completely stuck here, Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advanced.

Actually after refactoring some pointers need to be referred again. And one pointer that refers to the projectile is a UProerty of Tank_BP, which we have to initialize by ourselves. You can follow that, compile and have a try. At least most ‘unstoppable’ crashes of mine are like this. Hope it’s helpful.

Privacy & Terms