Handling refresh rates that aren't multiples of 60?

I have a 144hz monitor, and the first person controller is very choppy and unpleasant when running at the full 144 FPS. Reducing my refresh rate to 120hz has it run buttery smooth so I thought the issue was caused by the frame rate not being divisible by the physics tick rate, but upping the tick rate to 144 or 72 made the problem only partially go away. It’s not nearly as bad, but there is still some subtle, consistent jitter that didn’t go away even when I removed the camera interpolation or when I used lawnjelly’s smoothing addon to handle smoothing on the camera node instead.

Has anyone else had a similar experience, and does anyone have any advice for gracefully handling 144hz and other less common refresh rates?

Hi FreakyGhostBed,

This is an odd issue to say the least as my main monitor which i use to run godot on is a 240hz monitor which is what i have it running at (1920 * 1080 resolution as i went with refresh over resolution as i play a lot of FPS games).
I did not notice an issue when running the game, This being said with a comparison reducing your refresh rate to half mine solves the issue would indicate that its something going on with the refresh and physics rate being mismatched.

Hopefully someone in the community can expand on this as it is a strange one.

I’m going to tryand get caught up over the next couple days.
My laptop has 144hz, I’ll bookmark this post so I can circle back to see how I got on

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms