Handling Pawn Death

Hi, I’m getting a odd issue regrading component(Health Component) not working in game. It not working on a specific object like the Tank. Any other object detects health component and works well. The only way it works is if I edit while in the game on the object. Then the tank can take damage and die. I’m keeping track if the component is alive on start. It like the component is sleeping inside the actor.

Troubleshooting: So I tried reloading the blueprint, deleting the component and re adding , Creating another blueprint tank, restarting ue5, adding components though script but get same results. Also apparently there noting about this fix online. I leaning toward unreal issue but I posted here to see if there any thoughts.

I know I could do this a lot of different way but I wanted to see this though I stopped at the handle pawn death lecture as listed in the topic header.

There should be 5 logs 4 for the turrets and one for the tank to detect if the component is awake.

Solved: Solved I had found another issue while looking for this one which was Beginplay wasn’t working in the blueprint graph. In my finding to fix this problem by adding super. It fixed my health component sleep issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms