Hand Held and CCTV cams

I tried out the Hand Held camera, which wasn’t exactly what I expected but was interesting. Seemed like this would probably be used for some sort of scene where you would want to make the player feel like he/she was being watched or something like that. If I was going to improve this camera, I might add the capability to follow a set path, like whoever is holding the camera is walking somewhere etc.

The other camera I tried out was the CCTV camera, which was basically a camera set at a fixed point somewhere in the distance that followed the player’s movement. There were settings like FOV and clipping distances like most 3D cameras. Pretty standard stuff. I wouldn’t really change this camera much, rather, I might use it as a “security” camera in a game. Instead of following the player, I would probably have it rotate on a timed loop from one perspective to another. I might use such a camera as an input to a screen at a security station where the player can see what the camera is viewing (think Duke Nukem), to see if and where enemies are in a room or something like that.

Cheers.

Privacy & Terms