Hacking the Boresville Galleria Shopping Mall

Going to track my progress in the Terminal Hacker project all in this thread. I’m going with a mall security system theme. Let’s start with the menu:

I don’t really like the “easy/medium/difficult” text being on there. It breaks the illusion of it being a real security system (Not that it actually looks like a real one, but those words are a bit too blatant for my liking). I’d rather have some more in-world feeling way of indicating difficulty. Maybe “clearance level 1/2/3” or something. I can also spice up the introductory text a bit, but I don’t want to get too bogged down. This will do for now.

I know it’s a super simple game, but already I’m having fun with it. I get silly little ideas about jokes I can put in or ways I can make it feel more like a real (terrible) security system. Neato!

My Victory Screens

For hacking the Happy Hotdog Snack Bar you get a free drink. (Because I tried to draw a burger and hot dog in ASCII and they were terrible :laughing:)

For hacking Brodog Sportswear you get some free Mike® Sneakers.

And for hacking O.K. Jewelry you unlock the diamond vault. Bling bling. :ring:

I had more ideas about how make the game more in depth/fun, but I don’t think it’d be worth it at this point. So I’m just going to press on.

My gosh, that is some gorgeous ASCII. I would be proud to receive that as a completion bonus. You’ve done a fantastic job here, good luck going forward!

1 Like

Haha, thanks!

Privacy & Terms