Hacker Wars - Modification of Terminal Hacker (Inventory, Lives...)

Hello,

I just finished the first Section: Terminal Hacker and decided to build my own game from scratch, without watching the course, so I could get more comfortable with writing the code.
On my first try (while watching the course for the first eim), I followed Ben’s code and texts precisely, the second time I wanted to be little more original, so I’ve used the same principles, but made the whole game bigger and more complex (at least from my point of view). I googled some functions, that I didn’t know yet but wanted to use.
The script is around 360 lines of code, but I hope that in the future I will be able to come back to it and compress it.
Link to my game: http://www.sharemygame.com/share/a7fa5a31-b13b-4b72-b6bc-a80ae5d2bb29
I would love to get some feedback from you guys.

Thanks,
Jáchym

2 Likes

Hi,

I played the game and it was pretty cool! I like your win screen very much, and the concept of lives is cool as well! Thanks for sharing!

Steve

That is pretty awesome!
The introduction of lives and the over-arching goal of revealing the IP address made it pretty tense in places, excellent design choices!

Have you put the code up anywhere on GitHub or such so other students can learn from what you’ve done?

Privacy & Terms