Gryffindor common room as a game location

Decided to go a little crazy and spend more time on the game assets section. It was a nice challenge for me to use the knowledge I got by this moment and polish my modeling skills. Had to google some things, but it was a great experience. I’ve learnt some cool things and enjoyed this section a lot!

10 Likes

Looks amazing.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

It loos like a ps4 uncharted game…Amazing ! :wink: :wink:

I don’t want to pressure you … but, the quality is high and a small movie would give more exposure to your hard work!

2 Likes

Thank you! Drake is definitely hiding somewhere :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m working on 2012 Macbook while my PC is broken, so it was hard even rendering this images with Eevee. I think movie will kill it…

1 Like

Wow this is impressive! Now where can we download these assets so we can make a new Harry Potter game?

1 Like

Thank you! I don’t know, how to export assets for the games yet, but can share my .blend file if needed!

1 Like

Fantastic. Absolutely nailed the atmosphere.
A few edges are perhaps too sharp (stone window ledge) - maybe increase the bevel on the edges. The chair arm may be better being smooth shaded, or perhaps try a sub-surface modifier?
And is that stool floating?! I suppose one of the students could have been practicing a leviosa charm on it…
Great work, looks so inviting, lighting is top notch!

1 Like

I’m more of a Ravenclaw type of guy but this is pretty cool nonetheless xD

1 Like

Thank you! Fair point, missed some bevels. And that leviosa issue… Let’s pretend it was intended to be so :sweat_smile:

Thank you! Yes, I’m standing for Ravenclaw too, but I decided to go with something more common and simple

1 Like

Very good room.

Great levitating side table in the last image. :grin:

1 Like

This is superb work. I am blown away. How long did this all take to render?

Congratulations! You should feel proud of yourself.

1 Like

I agree :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! Not much, I was rendering in Eevee, so less than a minute for each image. And modeling took about a week

1 Like

Wow, a lot of work here…

Nicely done…

Congrats!

2 Likes

It’s been a while since we’ve seen you Uraboz — your last post was 6 months ago. How are you ?

1 Like

Hey! It’s been fine. Lots of work which has kept me away from the course. But, unfortunately, the pandemic swept in and am doing isolation, so I’m retaking the course now :slight_smile: How’ve you been doing?

1 Like

Privacy & Terms