Grid Colours not displaying on non-paths

Realm Rush (currently at section 139, but relates to 136).

Seems that my labelling doesn’t seem to work properly. Only the path will show the coordinates, and all other tiles don’t show up. I’ve checked the coordinate labeller script, against the course script, and everything seems correct. When I select the tile in-game, all the tmpro are disabled, but I’ve no idea why they’re defaulting to off?

Here’s the pastebin code: using System.Collections;using System.Collections.Generic;using UnityEngine; - Pastebin.com

Hi fingerpunch,

In your last screenshot, the TMP component seems to be disabled. That’s very likely the reason why the coordinates label does not show up on the non-path tiles. Also, there is no CoordinateLabeler script attached to this game object.

Have you already tried to add Debug.Logs to your code to see what is going on during runtime?

See also:

Hi Nina,

Yeah, the issue was the TMP was auto-defaulting to off/disabled, and I had no clue as to why?

I found that the grass/ground tiles had 2 instances of the coordinate Labeller script, somehow, and have now deleted the duplicate script and re-laid all the floor tiles, and it seems to be working now.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms