Grenade Outline

It’s so painful to draw circle and oval with digital tablet.

3 Likes

That is why I use just pen and paper.
Try to draw from the shoulder.
Hand drawing is not to be precise!
You try to make it mathematically correct.
If that is what you need, then use CAD, 2D, InkScape, Illustrator tools.

Thx for the advice. Here are some thoughts:

1. The problem is if I draw with paper, when it comes to coloring I have to switch to digital again.
  2. Will practice more with shoulder
  3. It’s not about precise, I just find it’s really hard for beginners to draw circle and oval shape by hand in digital. Don’t know how Abbitt did it. Do I need to practice with 1000+ circles in digital or something like that?
1 Like
  1. Disney did everything with pen and paper, and made beautiful movies. Coloring with pencil, hatches with inkt, oil paint, … no need to digital. But what you can do is to sketch on paper with a blue pencil. When creating a final level, use a black pen. Scan image, filter out blue strokes, redraw black line with krita, inkscape, you have more control over shape and other pen properties.

2. Yes, practice is always the key. Grant knowledge is many, many years of practice. So make tiny drawings (droodles?) when ever you can.

3. yes, Grant probably drawn 10.000 circles over his career as an artist. Remember this is a course about learning 2D techniques, omproving your skill set. Not to be the best circle drawer of the world.

Look at Kim Jung Gi, no preparation, so sketching. Just using a black pen, drawing from memory. Many, many hours of creating drawings.

1 Like

Again thank you for the advice. :heart:
Just one problem. I don’t think I can afford the time to scan (possible) hundreds of sketches from paper. Also when I import a scanned image into Krita or PS don’t I have to remove the white area or ink it again using a digital brush?

Just thinking may be adapt to digital is a must not an option.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms