Great Course 2 suggestions

Just finished A very brilliant course, I learned a lot thank you very much
My feedback on the course :

• You handled many topics and how to use them properly and explained how to expand on them and keep everything clean
  • I don’t know if It’s a misunderstanding from my side, but I found the course targeting beginners level not advanced, However things at the start were easy and explained in a very nice way, but when the complex part started (especially the pathfinding section was a bit hard, but maybe that’s intended as you have mentioned that one should avoid creating pathfinding system and use suitable asset ) , things were so fast with few challenges and at a higher pace, this made me a bit lose my focus.

My recommendations :

• This is an awesome course with awesome content and a very creative game genre, so expansions to this course can never end but I will just mention a couple of things I think are crucial :
    1- Undo Function, as easy as it sounds and as hard as it’s to implement, as we will have to keep track of all the actions and not do them from the scripts directly instead I think we will have to use a very organized approach to use a new system that records everything.
    2- Improved AI, Viraty of difficulties Level of AI, and AI that thinks a few steps ahead, not just the current action, predict the enemy’s next step (use the same calculation method but on the player’s characters and plan the next move based on all the factors mentioned) I know that this topic requires a series of courses not just single section, But I will try to dedicate my next week to learn about it, research it and share the result here

So you felt the difficulty had a huge jump on the pathfinding part? Before that you felt it was a pretty smooth difficulty curve?
The pathfinding is definitely the toughest part if you have never built such a system it can definitely be tricky to understand until you see how the whole thing works in the end and then it just clicks.

Undo is an interesting one, depending on the complexity of the actions it can be super easy or super difficult.

The AI, the issue with that one is that it’s extremely dependent on the specific actions you implement. My goal with the course was to make a nice base so I would assume everyone building upon this will have completely different actions.
Because of that I’m not entirely sure how I could cover some more advanced AI and do it in such a way that it’s hyper specific to one particular set of actions.

I’m glad you enjoyed the course! Thanks!

2 Likes

-Yes exactly the pathfinding part was the hardest, before it things were so smooth

• Yeah it would be so cool to add undo to the course
  • My suggestion for the ai , is to do another course like a sequel to this one , I think many developers are interested in that matter (including me of course) especially people who enrolled in this course
  • Thank you so much for everything I have learned a lot from you

Privacy & Terms