Grease Pencil - Vending machine

Vending machine

An online tutorial - https://youtu.be/BzTN2yTgTj0
80% is just 3D, but the Grease pencil part is very useful for a beginner. As the whole tutorial is.

Bummer I now see that the floortile lines are on top of the machine …

10 Likes

Really nice! This was the tutorial that got me into trying grease pencil, but I actually prefer your version.

2 Likes

Nice looks really good your sketch.

2 Likes

Looks very stylish and effective.

Perhaps one day I will look at Grease Pencil it is an entire big side of Blender I have never looked at. Then I have never been into drawing/sketching 2d.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. I’ve never been able to draw or sketch, so I never thought to try the Grease Pencil. I just bookmarked the tutorial @FedPete noted, so we shall see if I get the hang of it. :wink:

3 Likes

This looks so good! I have been interested in the grease pencil for a while. After the shader nodes course, I think that’s where I’m headed.
Do you know if there is a way to set render order for the grease pencil marks? Or does the grease pencil always sit stop every 3D model? Perhaps there is a way to set the vending machine at a higher render layer than the ground so the grease paint lines stay underneath?

1 Like

A Grease pencil starts like any other object (for example the Cube) in Blender, as a object.
And behaves like a object.

A single Grease pencil object can have multiple layers. Those layers have a sequence (in front, in back). But also the physical location where you start drawing.

The vending machine is a 3D object.
You can instruct grease pencil to draw on the surface of a object.
You have a Grease pencil modifier on a 3D object (vending machine), which draw for you the outlines.

It’s difficult to explain, that’s why I started doing online tutorial Grease pencil.
And Grease pencil is changing also, some tutorials are too old.

Currently, I’m trying to follow this Game Dev Drawing Course, using Grease Pencil.
I bought for this a pen tablet.

Privacy & Terms