Grassland

4 Likes

How have you done that?
Grass looks great but the tall bits while good look to pale and bright to me.

2 Likes

Oh an who threw the rock or other item in the pond? :grin:

1 Like

The grass I made from planes as a module. The bushes are alpha images. I had to increase the sunlight value to enlighten the details on the trees. Otherwise they will look too dark. That’s why the bushes look bright and pale. And I didn’t have the time to add area lights near the trees alone, as that would have increased the video length.

Thought it would be more fun to make some water waves :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grin: :rofl:.
And besides I never had the pleasure to throw a stone in an actual pond. So I scratched that itch by throwing a stone in my imaginary pond. :grin: :joy_cat:.

1 Like

Oh very old school in that tutorial. Particle system for the grass not geometry nodes.

Not a pretty as yours, it was just me trying out geo node scattering.
All plants were modelled, all flowers and their leaves photos taken and made alpha backgrounds, then added to very basic plane leaves.

The long seeded grass is too yellow. Need to look at that one day.
That one day. lol. I have other plant photos to process to use too. One day I will get made a resource set.

2 Likes

I am still learning geometry nodes. That’s why I used hair particles.
I LOVE it. Looks great. The flowered plants and the flowered grass looks AWESOME!! :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Do you still have the plant models?

I don’t get it :pleading_face: :face_with_monocle:

:rofl:
I wanna see it when that happens.

Privacy & Terms