Grabber not releasing Unreal 5.3

As stated in the title my Grabber is not releasing when i let go of the left mouse click. I have tried to mess with the enhanced mapping options and have made sure to try to close down and reopen the project to make sure that some changes have gone through and still cant seem to get it to work correctly. I know the behavior is working correctly because when i release the mouse clock the message pops up.

release on let go

Where are you logging that? I might be blind but Iā€™m not seeing it in your code.

Thank you DanM! You have spotted what I could not. That ulog is no longer in my code. It seems like the callable blueprint may not have updated after updating the code on the release function after we tested it. It does seem that with Unreal there seems to be a need to make sure i refresh the whole project every once in a while.

Will do some testing and see if i can get the release function to ulog a separate message.

Okay, I re created my BP_Player because i also noticed that it seems to have bugged out and that maybe that blueprint was somehow stuck in a version of itself that was not updating properly. But now when i grab the statue the statue stays locked on the X and Y axis it was grabbed on and cannot go up or down.

I was able to solve this one by moving the grabber to the camera component in the BP_Player. That was already solved on another thread on this video. Again, thank you DanM for your extra pair of eyes!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms