Grabber message not showing up in console

Has anyone had the issue of the log message in Grabber.cpp not showing up in the log when you play? I can see that the game is using the new game mode and using the new default pawn bp that I created. I can even see that the new pawn has a grabber attached, but it is not outputting to the log. I even copied the entire grabber.cpp file from the code changes, but it still doesn’t work. Went through the video twice, made sure I did all the steps the same, still not working…

Hey, I just tried compiling from inside Unreal Editor and then Rebuilding. That fixed it for some reason. Seems to be working fine now. Maybe this is just some weird quirk because I’m using a Mac? It seems building in Xcode is somehow different from compiling in Unreal Editor. Xcode 7.3.1 and Unreal Editor 4.12.5-3039270+++UE4+Release-4.12.

I’ve noticed this as well, I have found I had to restart the Unreal editor to get it to show up for some reason!

please share code and screenshots unless we are like blind people and the result is we can’t help effectively

Privacy & Terms