Good solve, but still sliding

So, I went with a different video (the Field video downloadable with the course assets). This video hasn’t got any lateral motion to speak of, and I got a good solve error (around 0.1). However, as you can see, the ground plane and cube still seem to slide (albeit smoothly) over the landscape.

I’m moving on to the next segment (final VFX compositing), so I’ll see how much of a problem this causes later on and report back…

update: it didn’t matter, for what I chose to do with this, anyway.

I had some problems with this also.
When I looked at the positions of my markers, in quad view they didn’t line up with the floor plane at al. I’ve seen more posts with this problem.

I like your vimeos, FedPete. You’ve really continued to progress your Blendering since finishing the course!

Since I’ve now finished the Blender intro course (for Blender 2.79, at least; I have to go back and do the Blender 2.8 sections someday), I have the skills I wanted when I set out on this path. However, I think I’ll continue with the character creator course (albeit possibly at a slower pace) because this is too darned fun to quit.

1 Like

Thank you for spending some time on viewing my work!
I had the same stream of thoughts. I’m currently following the Blender Character Creator course (75%). That’s why I created the Cube Pool animation. The first part of this course is basically things you already know. Blender 2.79 UI, creating and manipulation objects, etc.
Then you will learn the 12 animation principles, which are also explained in the GIMP course. Stepping over to Armature (bones) and figures.

I also followed the “Environments” course. But that one is totally in 2.8 and I had a lot of frustration with the UI. I only want to be creative with the tools I know. And with 2.8 there is again a learning curve, which I currently don’t want to do. I want to explore my creativity.
So I stopped for now with that one. I think it’s to early to learn the UI of 2.8. The developers are still busy with adding and changing functions to the UI. So I wait.

Best wishes and I hope you will master the huge capabilities of Blender. It’s massive.
May be a next time!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms