Good but can be better

I really enjoyed this course as this felt like a much better experience compared to the Unreal Engine Visual Blueprint Coding that I did.

While I was about to understand certain concepts such as booleans, integers, functions etc. and it carried over to a degree in this Unity course, I felt stumbled and had to repeat the videos of certain concepts such as the difference between functions and messages and also some challenges which felt like major headscratches and I did felt discouraged. Although this is part of the learning process of having to learn how to think and search for an answer using whatever tools are at your disposable and a bit of research, the satisfaction of learning sometimes demotivates me and I could list a few things that could be improved.

• specific concepts (e.g. the use of functions and messages) while the explanation was good, when it came to the challenges it just felt like I did not satisfy myself at times in understanding and applying the concepts.
  • probably slow down the pacing and load in terms of how many concepts you have to absorb in one lesson and maybe more hints in the challenges.

Overall, the course does a really good job at explaining and letting you explore and share your creativity and I feel inspired and motivated to push through. The quizzes really have a lot more relevance to the content being taught and I wish the quizzes in the other courses are updated to a similar format.

Privacy & Terms