Godot script

Hi,
I just started with the godot course. I am now starting with the basic scripts.
I had very little experience with Python.
It is very similar so far right?
It is going to be very complicated?
I teach Python at KS3 and KS4 level but, more than that, I struggle.
Thanks a lot in advance

Hi Antonio,

GDscript is what we call a pythonesk type of language in that it is very similar to python so instead of def you would use func.
It depends on what you use to teach python as my eldest is doing computer science at GCSE level in the UK and i forget the name of the library they use but in helping her with her homework (Even though i have a C# background), It helps with with Godot.

Its the same with any language though the same programming principals apply just learning the libraries it accesses.

I think you should be fine with a KS3/KS4 level of experience :slight_smile:

Hope this helps

1 Like

its a gentle primer to godot, and if theres anything that doesnt quite make sense or click, please pop a post in the forum here or on the QnA where your watching the courses on.

we have an awesome community that is always right there to chat about stuff and get any questions you may have answered. theres alot thats not necessarily coding learning, but more how things work in relation to each other to make the game magic happen.

DaZ

1 Like

Helps a lot. Thanks for your comments. I struggle to go further in more advance python so I was worried to get stuck in future lessons when the script would be more complicated.

Thanks a lot for your answer! I am enjoying very much.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms