Godot 4 tutorial

I’m doing the tutorial for Godot 4 and I’m in the Dungeon RPG section.

In the very first section on animation, I add my sprites to the timeline and keys and if I click on each individual key node, I can see the different animations in the inspector. However, when I hit the play button, the animation doesn’t work. What the heck am I screwing up? :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Scott

Could you post some screenshots of what you’re seeing? That would be helpful.

So, there’s the little dude and there are 18 image files, you create a node and drop the individual pictures on the corresponding nodes, you hit play and it doesn’t “move”. It’s on just the first image the whole 18 frames. I verified that each image is different for each node

There’s really nothing to show except a static character. What do you need a screen shot of? I figured it’s a setting or switch or something along those lines

Your entire editor window. In general, even beyond just Godot, the more information you can provide about exactly what’s in your setup, the easier it is to arrive at a solution.

Your description is a great start, and indeed it’s likely that you’re just missing a button toggle or something, but that’s the sort of thing that’s simply much easier to see first-hand than to try and visualize =)

Hi,

A screenshot of the sprite editor with the sprites in it showing the keyframes would be the best way for us to see what issue may be causing this.
Making sure everything is attached correctly to the character.
In this case my go to solution would be to delete the animation and redo it to see if it reoccurs but if you can get the screenshot we can take a closer look :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wanted to add that if you decide to go this route, I would make a second (identical) animation rather than deleting the first one. This way, if the second one works, it’s then possible to go back and compare the two to try and find the cause of the problem, which would help avoid this issue with future projects. And if it doesn’t, swings and roundabouts =)

1 Like

yeah, I had decided to just redo it and it worked now.

c’est la vie!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms